Study Visa to Germany

Study Visa To Germany In Dubai

Study In Germany

Excellent teaching and research opportunities offered by German Universities and the prospects of future employability attracts international students to Germany for their higher education. There are three types of institutions offering higher education in Germany.

study visa to Germany

  • Top Universities In Germany
  • Top courses In Germany
  • Applying For Course In Germany
  • Scholarships In Germany
Top Universities In Germany

 ●  LMU Munich

 ●  Technical University of Munich

 ●  Heidelberg University

 ●  University of Tubingen

 ●  Humboldt University of Berlin

Top courses In Germany

 ●  Engineering

 ●  Medicine

 ●  Business and Economics

 ●  Mathematics and Computer Science

 ●  Architecture

Applying For Course In Germany

You can apply for a course directly through the international office of university or through the centralized admission portal for international students run by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).  Once you receive acceptance from the University, you can apply for student visa at least 3 months prior to start of the course. Students taking up courses of duration less than 3 months can apply for Schengen visa. If your course duration is more than 3 months, you should apply for German National Visa.

Scholarships In Germany

There are different scholarship programs in Germany offering financial support to international students. Few such scholarship programs are listed below.

 ●  DAAD Scholarship Program

 ●  Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship

 ●  Deutschland Stipendium National Scholarship Program

 ●  Erasmus Scholarship Program

 ●  The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship

Intakes In Germany

Admissions to German universities happen twice a year, winter and summer semester.  Applications for winter should be made before 15th of July and for summer before 15th of January.

English Language Requirements In Germany

Every higher education institutions have its own requirements of language proficiency in English. Commonly accepted certificates as a proof of your proficiency in English language are;

  • Educational certificate of an English-speaking school-You must have completed 5 or 6 schooling years in a school whose language of instruction is English.
  • IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score.
  • TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score.
Work While Studying In Germany

International students can work for 120 full days each year or 240 half days.  If you take up job as student assistant or research assistant, 120-day limit is not applicable.

Stay Back Option In Germany

Germany provides an option to stay up to a period of 18 months after completion of your studies to find a job by getting a residence permit. Once you get a job offer, you can apply for EU Blue Card or German Residence Permit. If you wish to become a permanent resident in Germany, you can apply for ‘settlement permit’ two years after receiving EU blue card or German Residence Permit.